If you’ve enjoyed our recent articles covering topics such as why you should not answer questions without your civil rights attorney present and how to tell if your search and seizure rights have been violated, these additional resources may be helpful to you:
- The Fourth Amendment is one of the most commonly invoked amendments from the Bill of Rights. Learn more about its history at this link.
- Recent controversy has arisen over the question of whether a drug dog’s sniff around the outside of your home is considered an illegal invasion of privacy under the Fourth Amendment.
- New technology is pushing the limit of reasonable searches and seizures. Get the latest on the issue being debated by the U.S. Supreme Court at NJ.com.
- Many Americans consider privacy one of the greatest personal freedoms. Learn more about the laws of privacy in the U.S. on this webpage.
- The ACLU provides these tips and advice for speaking with authorities whether you are stopped on the street or in your car.
If you would like more information on any of these topics or if you would like to speak with an experienced police misconduct attorney, call the law firm of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC at (267) 234-7708.