If you would like more information pertaining to our recent blog articles about whether videotaping police is legal and how citizens of Philadelphia have been injured as a result of “nickel rides,” visit these external resources below. To discuss your case of police brutality or misconduct with an experienced civil rights attorney, call the law firm of Patrick G. Geckle LLC at (267) 234-7708.
- Learn the story of a man who was arrested and charged with a felony for recording his own arrest at NPR.org.
- To learn more about the stories of Simon Glik and Jon Surmacz, individuals who were arrested in Boston for recording police making arrests on public streets, read this article from Boston.com.
- Police brutality has become an issue of national concern—according to this article from CBS.com, the federal government has begun cracking down on police departments nationwide.
- Learn more about the stories of those who were seriously injured during their ride to the police station at Philly.com.
- According to this webpage, four officers have recently been charged with ten separate counts of federal criminal civil rights offenses, ranging from unreasonable force to conducting false arrests.